Auricular Acupuncture Clifton
Auricular Acupuncture in Clifton, NJ
What is Auricular Acupuncture in Clifton?
Auricular therapy or Ear Acupuncture was developed in China over 2000 years ago. Auricular therapy is a microsystem that connects to Macro-Acupuncture meridian channels. There is body correspondence between the ear points and the whole-body system. It is a projection of an upside-down fetus through the ear.
Additional ear points were discovered through extensive research by European physicians and scientists and published through the years. Auricular stimulation has its roots in European and Western Medicine. The treatment of the ears auricle has been available as a treatment in the USA since the early 1970’s. The founder of the system Dr. Paul Nogier published his comprehensive system of diagnosis and treatment in 1957 after years of careful observation relating ear points of reduced electrical resistance or conversely high electrical conductivity. There is a prevailing system used in Europe popularized by Dr. Bahr of German Academy and Paul Nouguier. Marina Doktorman was fortunate to have personally studied at conferences with Dr. Bahr in Vancouver, Canada and with Paul Nogier, Dr. Ralph Nogier, MD (France) in Maryland, USA.
Auricular stimulation on the skin of the ear (skin is part of the central nervous system (CNS) has been found to raise blood serum levels of endogenous neurotransmitters, endorphins, and enkephalins. These endogenous substances are found in the brain where opiate receptors have been found. The endorphins have a scientifically verifiable role in the pain relieving effects of acupuncture.
As part of his examination of the neurophysiological basis of auriculotherapy, Paul Nogier (1983) proposed that nervous system innervations of the external ear correspond to the three primary types of tissue found in the developing embryo. Nogier theorized that the distribution of the three cranial nerves which supply different auricular regions is related to their embryological functions, the ectoderm, mesoderm, and endoderm. Most health disorders are related to disturbances in all three functional layers:
- The Endodermal tissue: The endoderm becomes the gastrointestinal digestive tract, the respiratory system and abdominal organs such as the liver, pancreas, urethral and bladder. This portion of the embryo also generates parts of the endocrine system, including the thyroid gland, parathyroid gland and thymus gland. Deep embryological tissue is represented in the concha, the central valley of the ear. Stimulating this area of the ear affects metabolic activities and nutritive disorders of the internal organs that originate from the endoderm layer of the embryo.
- Mesodermal tissue: The mesoderm becomes skeletal muscles, cardiac muscles, smooth muscles, connective tissue, joints, bones, blood cells from bone marrow, the circulatory system, the lymphatic system, the adrenal cortex and urogenital organs. Mobilization of body defense mechanisms is only possible if the region of the middle layer is working normally.
- Ectodermal tissue: The surface layer originates from the ectoderm of the embryo. The ectoderm becomes the outer skin, cornea, eye lens, nose epithelium, teeth, peripheral nerves, spinal cord, brain and the endocrine glands of the pituitary, pineal and adrenal medulla. This embryological tissue is represented on the ear lobe and helix tail. This layer integrates inborn instinctive information with individual learned experiences.
Features of Ear Acupuncture at Pulse Acupuncture in Clifton, NJ
Ear pressure points detected through PointSelect Pro. A beeping sound will indicate that the point has been active. A needle is inserted at the point for stimulation. PointSelect can be used instead of a needle for the treatment. Additionally, ear seeds are often placed after the treatment as part of self-care.
At Pulse Acupuncture, alongside treatments like electroacupuncture in Clifton auricular acupuncture is performed as part of a diagnostic method that finds disharmonies through ear examination. The ear is observed for any discolorations that would indicate internal organ pathology. The ear is also palpated to determine heightened tenderness. Sensory nerve sensation is represented on the anterior surface of the ear. Motor nerve muscle tension is represented on the posterior surface of the ear. A dermal point locator, the PointSelect Pro, is utilized to determine electrical skin resistance. Dr. Bahr developed frequencies of stimulation and detection of points.
What are the benefits of Auriculotherapy?
Auriculotherapy benefits include:
- Reduces inflammation
- Weight Loss/appetite control
- Stops Addictions
- Smoking cessation
- Treats Infertility
- Reduces Anxiety/depression
- Helps with Insomnia
- Reduces Muscle spasms
- Reestablishes sleeping-walking rhythm
- Regulates blood pressure
- Regulates respiration
- Eliminates seasonal allergies
- Restores Sexual function
- Regulates excessive Perspiration
What are potential side effects of Auriculotherapy?
Auriculotherapy side effects:
- Pain or discomfort. Some people may experience mild to moderate pain or discomfort at the site of the insertion. This usually fades quickly.
- Bleeding, bruising or infection: As with any form of acupuncture, there is a small risk of bleeding, bruising or infection at the site of the insertion. That being said, auricular acupuncture needles are typically sterile, and there are precautions to reduce the risk of infection.
- Dizziness or fainting: Some people may experience lightheadedness, dizziness or fainting during or after auricular acupuncture. This is more common among individuals who are prone to these symptoms or who have low blood pressure.
Auricular Acupuncture at Pulse Acupuncture in Clifton, NJ
Auricular Acupuncture at Pulse Acupuncture in Clifton is a safe and painless treatment option for Allergy Relief. Marina Doktorman performs one-needle treatment for the most effective seasonal or environmental allergy symptoms. Acupuncture on ear is based on TCM and European acupuncture ear charts.
What conditions can you treat with Acupuncture at Pulse Acupuncture in Clifton?
- Hormonal imbalance
- Frequent urination
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Miscarriage prevention
- Baby health
- Trauma Healing
- Lichen Sclerosis
Prices for Clifton
(only for Clifton location)
cream, gua-sha fascial massage, Celluma Red Light Therapy: